Some people do unfortunately become ill during their holiday and this is not only unpleasant for the person who falls ill but also spoils the enjoyment of the holiday for those travelling in the same party. Holiday illness and accident abroad can have serious consequences, and it is vital you know your rights if you think you have a claim for compensation after suffering a holiday accident or illness through no fault of your own.
If you have contracted an illness abroad during your holiday you may be able to claim compensation not only for the illness itself but also, if appropriate, compensation for the number of days you were ill and also for your loss of holiday enjoyment.
If you suffer serious gastric symptoms you should seek medical advice and on your return home seek specialist legal advice from a personal injury solicitor.
What to do if you suffer holiday illness abroad
• Report your illness to the tour operator’s representative and to the hotel management.
• Make sure you complete a customer complaint form, get the representative to sign it and give you a copy to keep.
• If you cannot obtain a customer complaint form, write your complaint out in duplicate, get someone outside your party to witness and sign it and then give a copy to your holiday representative, keeping one for yourself.
• Ask your holiday representative to ensure your illness is recorded on the tour operator’s Illness Log.
• If symptoms persist and/or are severe, seek medical advice in the holiday resort and retain copies of any reports/receipts you are given.
• Take the names, addresses and telephone numbers of other guests who were ill and/or complaining, and copies of any signed accounts of similar complaints.
• Keep all receipts for taxi fares and any other out-of-pocket expenses you may have incurred as a result of your holiday illness.
• Keep a diary of events: the date you saw the representative or hotel manager, the date you saw the doctor or sought medical advice, details of the illness, and the symptoms and treatment received.
• Take photographs/video footage of any areas of the hotel/restaurant/kitchens where you can clearly see that hygiene is below standard.
You can claim for holiday accident or illness abroad, which was someone else´s fault. If your tour operator was at fault, or if you think you may have a claim, Farnworth Rose Personal Injury Solicitors can help you. By making a compensation claim with Farnworth Rose Personal injury Solicitors:
• 100% of all compensation goes to you.
• £100.00 cash up front when we take on your claim.
• No win, no fee, no risk
• Claiming for holiday illness, injury or accident can be difficult. Holiday claims expert, Anne Thomson of Farnworth Rose Solicitors, has over 20 years experience of dealing with clients who have fallen ill or sustained injuries abroad. Anne´s background and customer service skills ensure clients are dealt with in a professional and sympathetic manner. Her knowledge and expertise in the specialised area of travel law is second to none. Tour operators often offer clients less compensation than they deserve, and it is essential that you contact us before you accept any payment. Your claim will then be assessed and you will be advised by Anne and her dedicated team how to proceed. For more information or to make a claim Call us free on 080001 54321, or fill in the claim form.
The rise of Bird and Swine Flu viruses have taken their toll on people entering and leaving Egypt and The Dominican Republic. Passengers flying from Chile to The Dominican Republic were recen...
Continue Reading Here: swine flu and bird flu hits egypt and the dominican republic
Published: 2009-05-28 13:15:12
Norovirus is one of the most commonly used terms when people are referring to holiday illness – particularly onboard cruise ships which visit Egypt and The Dominican Republic. Mos...
Continue Reading Here: egypt and dominican republic holiday hotspots for norwalk and norovirus
Published: 2009-05-28 11:07:50
Complaints about this cruise: If you have travelled or stayed on the above cruise boat during March 2009, be advised that a major travel firm received several holiday complaints from othe...
Continue Reading Here: a nile cruise on the sonesta stgeorge i egypt read below before booking
Published: 2009-05-27 14:29:44